5 Things You Need to Upgrade Your SEO Career
SEO can be practiced as a solo practitioner or while working for an organization. In order to start and improve your career in SEO, you must have a great desire to learn as well as have a zeal for innovation. It also helps to capture the latest developments in the marketing field. Let’s look at the ways by which you can upgrade your SEO career.
- Join a Course in SEO
There is nothing better than enrolling yourself in a Search Engine Optimization course. There are several places that offer SEO courses online. I would recommend that you opt for a course in SEO from Market Motive as they offer detailed tutorials and insights to make you a true blue professional in this field.
- Learn Some Secondary Skills
SEO covers a vast range of skills and topics. It never hurts to add more strings to your bow. You can polish all your secondary skills with a side project.
Here are some skills needed to enhance your SEO career.
- Get acquainted with Excel to learn the basics of reporting and data analysis. If you are unable to put charts and graphs into your reports, then you won’t get very far. Reporting is necessary as you need to report to your customers and your boss. Data analysis is important to make certain that your report is logical.
- Try to learn some Programming languages such as PHP or CSS. I recently learnt bits and pieces of CSS, which came in use for styling blog posts.
- Develop server-side configuration skills and get an indepth comprehension of your site’s security. You can easily track broken pages and even fix “login” problems encountered by your users.
- Gain proficiency in written communication. The ability to write well and effectively transmit a message to a curious audience is a must if you want to grow in this field.
- Embrace Social Media
Social shares, tweets, likes and pins have an impact on search engine rankings. As we know, search engines follow users. Get socializing by following the tips mentioned below.
- Make sure that your content is share-worthy across platforms.
- Add share buttons and motivate people to share your content.
- Get more shares by hosting a social media contest.
- Mention social media influencers and link your content to them or tag users in your posts and notify them.
- Don’t Be Afraid to Explore
Don’t be afraid to try new things. Explore new strategies when you start your career.
Identify your strengths and concentrate on specific areas. Individuals starting out in their career should recognize their skills and improve their flaws. There is no better suggestion that can be given. Aim to widen your experience and persistently question yourself about which area of SEO you like most. Know your strengths and play to them.
Experience is vital to understand SEO. The best way to do that is to set up your own blog or build your own site. Play around with different ways of generating traffic or help someone with their online marketing efforts.
Once you have gained some experience in this field, it would be easy for you to get the position you want.
Follow the five strategies mentioned to give your career a booster shot. I assure you the pointers given above will help you succeed and will give you options to grow in SEO.