Save Money by Starting Your Business from a Storage Unit
Storage units are usually associated with stashing away belongings for a period of time while moving or to create more space. However, these units are actually very versatile and can be used for a wide range of purposes. In fact, storage units are even used by many entrepreneurs and start-ups in order to cut costs when they first start out.
With the right unit, you can create the perfect operating space for your business without having to spend a fortune o renting business premises. Of course, it does depend on the type of business you are starting, but these units are a great option for many people.
Some of the businesses that you can run from a storage unit
Starting out with a storage unit as your ‘office’ or ‘warehouse’ can save you money while you are growing your start-up. Some of the businesses that can – and are – run from storage units include:
- eBay store: If you run an eBay store or business, storage units are ideal. They have space for your stock and you can also set up a computer and internet to manage your orders. It saves you money on renting somewhere, and means you don’t clutter up your home with stock.
- Writer/website designer: Those that work primarily on their computers will find that a storage unit is a great place to start. You can enjoy peace and quiet in which to focus on your work, and setting up an office space with internet should be simple. You also won’t have the distractions you would have at home.
- Fixing business: You may class yourself as a Mr. or Ms. Fix-it, and this can earn you a steady stream of income. However, it can be inconvenient to have tools and items littered around the house. Operating from a storage unit is ideal, as you have the space to operate and you won’t have to worry about where to store your tools.
This is just a sample of some of the many businesses that you can operate from a storage unit. As many live news reports have demonstrated, businesses have to control their spending, particularly when starting out. This provides a great way of doing this for anyone that is starting up a new business.
Some of the main benefits
You can benefit in many ways from using a storage unit for your start-up business. Some of the main benefits to look forward to include:
- Save money compared to renting business premises
- Around the clock access to your workspace
- Cost effective solution for a start-up
- Ideal for a range of businesses and jobs
- Can be set up with internet access
- A range of unit sizes to suit your needs
- Avoid taking up space or cluttering up your home
- Easier to separate work and home life
All of these valuable benefits have made storage units a popular choice for those just starting out on their own.