Technology is growing at a rapid pace. With the rapid advancement in technology, we can shop anything with a single click of a button if we are buying a new product or are in a dilemma whether to buy it or not. We go through the online reviews to make the buying decision. Not only this, but you can also improve your brand image through reviews. If people are happy with something, they use other platforms such as Yelp, FourSquare, and Trip Advisor and are all praises about the product. All we expect from them are honest reviews. However, most people don’t know that these reviews were intentionally posted by sellers to improve the customer base.
How critical are online reviews?
Online sites such as Yelp, Tripadvisor, and Google Maps have a significant role in the success of a business. Between the years 2013 -2014, there was tremendous growth in online reviews, and they grew up to 80 percent.Here are the reasons why online reviews are essential:
- Brings a new customer: Every day, the customers make important decisions on where to eat? What to do? Which is a good place to visit in this area? By reading the reviews. If your business has a rating of less than four, it will turn the customers away. The more they will see other customers enjoying using your product, the more they will come to you and buy it.
- Stay ahead: To stand ahead in the competition, you have to show your customers that you are offering services that they expect from you. No matter what business you are in, you have to bring it in the customers’ knowledge before your competitors. You will get more honest reviews compared to others in the same business, which will be an advantage for your business.
- Word of mouth marketing: Online reviews are a part of the word of mouth marketing campaign.78 percent of the customers trust online honest reviews as they trust personal recommendations. You have to give the best services to the customers, and they would recommend you to their friends and loved ones.
- Fix issues: You won’t get all the positive reviews in your business. You can turn the negative reviews into positive ones by addressing the customers’ concerns and ensuring them that this won’t happen again. It would help if you tried to eliminate it as soon as possible as it would turn other customers away from your business.
If you want to improve your product purchasing decision, the following facts can help you distinguish between fake and honest reviews online:
- Look for phrases repetition: When you are reading the online reviews, you will find that certain words or phrases have been used repeatedly in different reviews. Experts say that sellers have instructed people to post fake reviews.It would be best if you won’t follow them to make your decision by reading them.
- Spot the middle road of the reviews: It is easy to sort the reviews that fall in the middle section. These customers have given 3 ratings to the product out of five. These are the most reliable and trustworthy customers who have purchased and used the product and have highlighted their positive and negative aspects. You can decide whether to buy the product or not by going through them carefully.
- Look for verified purchases: Many review sites have their ways to determine the verified purchase. They go through the website to check whether the particular customer invested in the product or not. If the purchase didn’t occur,it is declared unverified and is more likely to be a fake review.
- Watch out for generic names or photo less profiles: There are instances when a fake offshore company tries to publish the reviews by making different accounts online. For example, you can check their names as there would be a slight difference between them, a person named John Smith and another one with Jane Smith. Beware of the Fakes names or accounts with numbers and letters.In most of the cases, the accounts are made without any profile picture on them. It would be best if you were cautious before you put your trust in such reviews.
- Timings: If you find too many reviews for a particular product in a short time frame. They are artificial views published by someone to grab customer attention. On certain occasions such as Christmas, Black Friday, or any other significant day, you would come across more reviews on those products that are not getting the customers’ attention.Don’t get allured by them and always confide your trust in honest reviews.
- When in doubt, reach out: There is nothing better than asking the reviewer’s direct questions. Some fake reviewers would ignore your queries, and the genuine ones come up with clear answers. Real reviewers try to be more helpful to you by giving you the opportunities to ask.
- Dig deeper into the reviewer profile: Sometimes, you have to take up the spy agent’s job. A professional reviewer has been paid the ransom to post them or was tempted with a free product. You just have to put some extra effort into identifying and exposing him. In case you notice that positive reviews are given under a product with a five-star rating. Professional reviewers were paid for it. In case there are a plethora of 5-star ratings, the same company owned them.
You can win the customer’s trust by posting honest reviews as the fake ones will make them turn away. You can follow these tips as it will be easy for you to decide whether to spend hard-earned money on it or not. Businesses who have been posting fake reviews must be identified, and strict actions must be taken against them. Publishing anything online means giving the right information, which is beneficial for them. Dishonest business people and traders might earn a huge profit from fake reviews, but once they are identified, it could tarnish the business’s reputation or a brand. Choose wisely while purchasing from online sites.
Utilize some innovation to help. Before buying any product I usually trust HotRate for all types of review and information. They are giving much more accurate reviews than other websites, so you can be rest assured you will find the Best product for your needs and budget.