Posts on WordPress and from other blogging platforms can number to more than 10 million each day. With the sheer number of daily posts, it would be safe to assume that many of them go unseen and the blogs ultimately fail. However, this should not dissuade you from starting your own blog. Despite all the blogging noise, it is still possible for your blog stand out, be noticed and become successful. The web page How to Make Money Blogging shares valuable tips on how to start a blog properly to set you up for success. The guide also shares what it takes to become a successful blogger.
Before you can become a successful blogger, it is important that you rid yourself of any misgivings that you may have against blogging. The following are some of the unexpected truths about making money by blogging.
It’s Still Possible for Blogs to Succeed
It is easy to assume that your blog may get drowned out by the volume of blogs published on a daily basis. While it is true that daily blog posts number in the millions, your posts and blog can stand out with a few, surprisingly simple tricks. These include the following:
- Using unique and memorable visuals: If your page looks sloppy, cluttered and disorganized, it is easy for your visitors to assume that your content must be just as bad. However, a clean design that looks professional and unique will command attention.
- Posting high-quality pictures and graphics: Investing in a few high-quality stock images to use on your website, will help keep your audience interested. Low-quality pictures can take away appeal points off your blog.
- Posting amazing and shareable content: This is why it is important that you should only blog about something that you have ample experience in. If you wrote about something that you are not familiar with, your content will show it, and you might even be called out for it. On the other hand, if you wrote something that you are proficient in, will impress and can even compel your followers to share your content.
- Keeping your audience engaged: Remember to keep your blog not everything about you. Keep your audience engaged by reaching out to them and write about something that addresses their questions and sparks their interests. Acknowledge them regularly to establish a connection with them.
- Using technology to your advantage: It will do you well to read up on how to use technology to your advantage. For starters, research how you can use keywords and meta tags to help your blog rank well on search engines.
It is Easy to Create a Blog
With today’s technology, gone are the days when bloggers need to learn how to code to create and publish blogs. Blogging platforms have made it a cinch to create your own website from scratch. You can choose your own theme and the look of your blog with a few simple clicks. Try practicing on WordPress, and you’ll be surprised how easy it is to put a web page together.
Blogging Is Still a Potentially Lucrative Career Choice
Some may hold the mistaken belief that you can no longer make decent money out of blogging. However, since the days of Google AdSense, the industry has evolved to include several other ways to make money from blogging. Among the most common ways to monetize your blog apart from AdSense are affiliate marketing, offering online courses, selling goods or services, direct advertising and consultation.
Real stories abound how new bloggers earn as much as $3,000 by their third month of blogging alone. Some have gone on to earn between $20,000 to $100,000 monthly. As long as you can make your blog stand out and monetize it properly, then it is still possible for you to go full-time and make good money out of blogging.