You are searching the internet about Six Sigma Certification courses offered then you must be aware of what it is all about. It is strategy that is employed to find the errors in the plans and processes of a company and the plans to rectify the errors methodically and strategically. The method is data based and involves lots of facts and data that are used to provide scientific results for effective cost cutting and wastage of resources prevention. The Six Sigma Green Belt works under the supervision of the Six Sigma Black Belt professional and is in charge of quality management in an organization. It is a specially designed set of tools and techniques that help improve processes within an organization.
Six Sigma Green Belt training and certification
Here we are going to discuss every aspect of the training and certification of the Six Sigma.
The Six Sigma Green Belt Certification is a process that trains an individual to carry all this out efficiently and strategically. Six Sigma is being used in most companies these days, by those who are looking to cut down on the production cost via reduction of wastage and those who want to provide quality product, faster and cheaper to its customers.
Companies are looking for trained individuals to carry out this process and the training provides just the right amount of exposure a professional requires to apply the concepts in the real time situations as situations will vary from industry to industry and organization to organization within an industry. To gain the in-depth knowledge, the first step is getting the Six Sigma Green Belt Certification.
Six Sigma Green Belt Certification training, or otherwise known as Lean training course, revolves around D-M-A-I-C (Design-Measure-Analyse-Improve-Control) framework. One can learn the basics of the Six Sigma Green Belt and the Six Sigma via the free Lean Six Sigma course.
The topics covered in the Six Sigma Green Belt certification course, under the D-M-A-I-C framework are
- Change Management
- Project charter
- Voice Of the Customer (VOC) to Critical-To-Quality (CTQ)
- KANO Model
- SIPOC diagram
- Process capability
- Segmentation and Stratification
- Sampling strategy
- Measurement System Analysis
- Box Plot, Rolled Throughput Yield (RTY)
- Process Map
- Pareto, Concept of LEAN
- Hypothesis Testing
- Process Management Charts
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Fishbone Diagram
- Data Collection Plan (DCP)
- Normality study
- Run Chart
- Control Chart
Benefits of Six Sigma Green Belt certification
- It helps an organization eliminate repeated process errors.
- It helps in improving business processes and maintains quality improvement.
- The techniques of the Six Sigma Green Belt can be applied across industries.
- The certification paves way for better job opportunities.
- Its nurtures and develops managerial and leadership qualities.
- It provides practical and hands-on experience in real time situations.
What are the requirements for the Six Sigma Green Belt Certification?
For a person wanting to be a certified Six Sigma Green Belt, he needs to have certain work experience, educational qualifications and fulfil some expectations before he can become a professional in the Six Sigma Green Belt.
The Six Sigma Green Belt certification aspirants should
- Involved in the quality management processes and projects and be a part of Six Sigma, Lean or any other quality management teams.
- Have knowledge to solve quality related issues.
- Have 3 years or more experience in the Six Sigma Green Belt body of knowledge.
- Have a full time paid role in an organization.
An aspirant of the Six Sigma Green Belt certification has to fulfil certain expectations for him to be eligible for the certification.
- He has to have 3 years work experience.
- Works in accordance of the Six Sigma Black Belt.
- He has participated in at least one project.
- He is able to analyse and find solutions to problems.
- He is able to demonstrate his knowledge of the Six Sigma Green Belt.
- He has to have passing score in every topic in the Six Sigma Qualtec’s Mastery Skills Exam. The exam is a multiple choice format which covers the following.
- Lean Six Sigma Deployment Methodology
- Analyze Stage Techniques, including Lean
- Measure Stage Techniques, including SPC
- Change Management Skills
- Project Definition & Scheduling
- Control Stage Techniques
- Improve Stage Techniques
10 objectives of Six Sigma Green Belt Training and Certification
The objectives of the Six Sigma Green Belt Training and Certification are as follows.
- Learn and understand the Six Sigma Green Belt concepts and their application in everyday life.
- Ability to demonstrate the tools and techniques that are required in assisting the Black Belt in company’s Six Sigma projects.
- Ability to put the knowledge of the Six Sigma Green Belt concepts to process improvement.
- Skills required for pre-planning, predicting and taking preventive measures for quality control.
- Skills required for achieving quality management through process management.
- Understanding the need for the Six Sigma Green Belt concepts and the perfect time for their application.
- Skills required controlling, preventing and identifying defects.
- Skills required for reducing variation in processes and achieving the predicted outcome.
- Skills required for the training, documenting, monitoring, responding and aligning of systems.
- Understanding when and where to use hypothetical testing.
Jobs post Six Sigma Green Belt certification
A candidate on completion of the training and certification and depending upon his capabilities and potential may land any of these posts.
- Six Sigma Green Belt Project Originator
- Six Sigma champion in local area
- Six Sigma Green Belt Project Leader
The duties and responsibilities of a certified Six Sigma Green Belt may be as follow.
- Lead the project team
- Analysing and solving quality related problems
- Participating in improvement projects
- Improving teams facilitation skills