Having poor wireless connectivity can be frustrating, but did you know that it could also be costing you money. Indeed, the more you often you can’t get online, the more sales you may lose. Not only that, but you may also lose valuable customers who are frustrated with your service. In addition, your employees won’t be able to do their jobs as efficiently. If you live in a region where there isn’t a strong Internet connection to begin with – maybe you are in a valley or remote location – it is critical to take extra measures to boost your signal. Here are five effective ways to improve wireless connectivity in your office.
- Move your router and modem. This is by far the simplest way to adjust and improve your signal. All you have to do is move your router and modem to a location in your office where it can spread more evenly. If your equipment is located in a basement with a lot of thick walls, it may not be able to travel. If there is a lot of clutter in the room where the equipment is, the signal may be getting confused. So, be sure to move the signal somewhere centrally located – where there aren’t a lot of obstructions.
- Use a repeater device. A repeater device is installed in a few different locations around your office. These repeater devices can be set up so that your modem’s signal can be repeated across your office floor. This is a great option for workplaces that have an awkward floor plan or offices that have multiple different floors. For instance, a business with three different floors may need three different repeaters – one for each floor. Even if your signal strength is moderate, a repeater may make your signal even stronger.
- Change the frequency. Most routers run on different frequencies. If your router is on a weak frequency, you may want to find a frequency that is stronger. You can do this by talking to your wireless provider. Just consult with them as to what the best frequency is and they will tell you what some different plans are. You may be able to sign up for a double frequency router that can really boost the signal strength.
- Install an antenna alignment tool. By far one of the best ways to boost your signal is to invest in an antenna alignment tool from Sunsight Instruments. These aligners are usually installed on an antenna at the top of your office building. Basically, they work by attracting the strongest signal. These aligners are great for offices that are in a more remote location – it is almost like having your own signal tower.
- Update your hardware. Another one of the best ways to boost your signal is to update your hardware. If you have an older modem and older router, it may be time for a change. When it comes down to it, your signal may be strong, but your firmware is not. In the end, an upgrade is simple and won’t cause your business to be offline for too long.