The AWS platform has proven to be one of the most reliable and scalable cloud computing platforms, offering a great level of dependability and available to its customers. The platform is loaded with tools that enable the user to utilize a wide array of applications. The platform’s security aspect ensures the users’ confidentiality is intact at all times. AWS works around the clock to ensure the protection of your integrity while maintaining your confidence and trust.
As far as the approach to security is concerned, AWS thinks outside the box. It features controls within the platform’s environment that ensure every security objective of the user is met.
Amazon Web Services – The Security Infrastructure
AWS pays a great deal of attention to its security infrastructure, ensuring that it has been architected in the most secure and flexible cloud computing environments available to date. The features and environment are highly reliable and extremely scalable to enable customers to deploy data and applications in time and in the most secure way possible.
AWS follows the best standards and practices for security, but that’s not the only factors that the infrastructure is built upon. The platform also caters to the unique needs of businesses and the type of cloud environments they would need. The AWS platform uses layered and redundant controls, regular testing and validation, and a sufficient level of automation to ensure thorough protection and monitoring of the underlying infrastructure.
Undoubtedly, these are the reasons why all AWS customers benefit from network and data center architecture, even if the customers are highly security-sensitive.
AWS Security Features and Tools
Not only there are several features but products that AWS offers the customers to ensure meeting security objectives. These security-specific products and tools feature across configuration management, network security, data security, and access control. Additionally, AWS also offers logging and monitoring tools to offer you visibility to keep full control of your environment.
As mentioned earlier, there are several services and security capabilities that AWS offers to boost control network access and privacy. These services include:
- Highly scalable connectivity options to enable dedicated or private connections from on-premise or office environment
- DDoS mitigation technologies for content delivery or auto-scaling strategy
- Encryption in transit
- A reliable built-in firewall to enable the user to create private networks within the AWS platforms without affecting access to subnets or instances.
Naturally, users with AWS professional certification can utilize these features and tools for their best interest.
Add another security layer to your data while it rests in the cloud with data encryption feature. Data encryption brings both efficiency and scalability to the platform.
- Hardware-based dedicated cryptographic key storage options to help fulfill the requirements for compliance
- Several reliable options for key management to enable the user to choose between encryption key management or maintaining complete control of the keys
- Database services and AWS storage offers data encryption capabilities such as Redshift, SQL Server RDS, Oracle RDS, Glacier, S3, and EBS.
Additionally, if you opt for AWS certification to boost the AWS security services, you can further integrate data protection and encryption with any of the services you deploy or develop within the AWS environment.
Configuration and Inventory Management
AWS is all about speed, and it ensures you enjoy the same pace with the range of tools it has to offer. Keep up with your cloud resources and ensure compliance with best practices and organizational standards. These tools include:
- Management tools and template definite to establish preconfigured, standard, hardened virtual machines.
- Configuration and inventory management tools for identifying AWS resources and managing and tracking changes made to the resources over the period.
- Various deployment tools for managing the decommissioning and creation of AWS resources based on organizational standards.
With AWS certification, you have the capability of enforcing, defining, and managing user access policies throughout the available services, which include:
- Access and identity management capabilities to identify particular user accounts
- Federation, and integration, with corporate directories for improving the overall experience and reducing administrative overhead
- Implementation of multifactor authentication for security-sensitive privileged accounts – especially for hardware-based authenticators
With the AWS platform, the user can experience both access and identity management integration.
Logging and Monitoring
There are several features and tools that enable the user to keep a check on the movements in your AWS environments. These are:
- A great insight into API calls – including what, who, when, and from where the calls were made
- Instant alerts and notifications if an unexpected event occurs or if the thresholds exceed
- Log options and aggregation, compliance reporting, and streamlining investigations
The key is to provide visibility to the end user to be able to identify if there’s any activity that could affect the business. With the help of control you have over your environment, you can immediately improve security, and reduce the risks lingering around in your environment.
This is another great feature that opens up several more doors of opportunities for the user. The Marketplace features hundreds of the most demanding partner products that you can use. These products are identical to, or equivalent with the existing control to give you a smooth experience while keeping an eye on your on-premise environment. The most common partner products include web application firewalls, anti-malware, and intrusion protection.
AWS is also a hub for amazing security features and tools, and by consolidating leading partner products like the ones mentioned above, the service only gets better. These services complement each other and enable the user to deploy a comprehensive security architecture. This helps with establishing a highly seamless experience across the on-premise environments as well as the cloud.
Although you get everything in the package when you choose AWS platform for your cloud computing needs, it is important to be able to make the most out of the available services and tools to help with security. By obtaining AWS certification, not only you will be able to understand the security best practices for cloud-based activities, but will also have the upper hand in applying it to the AWS environment.