Marketing is a life-and-death necessity for many businesses. It’s nearly impossible to succeed in your business without marketing – it is the bait that brings customers to your doorstep. In fact, failing to market your business is like winking to a potential suitor in the dark.
There are several marketing approaches you can use to reach your target audience. The common ones are social media marketing, direct mail marketing, search engine marketing (SEM), and email marketing. This article discusses how you can use these marketing methods to achieve your marketing goals.
Social Media Marketing
Social media advertising is a relatively new marketing strategy, but it has made giant leaps in the world of marketing. The reason is simple – there are more than 2.8 billion social media users. Due to this, around 97% of marketers are using social media to engage with their target audience. This marketing method is popular for many reasons, including:
- It is easier to engage with customers on social media through meaningful conversations.
- It is a quick way of building brand awareness and loyalty.
- With social media, you can reach a broad audience and hence increase traffic to your website.
- Social media marketing is cost-effective and has a great return on investment.
- It enhances better customer satisfaction since interactions with your audiences are personalized.
There are several social media marketing sites that you can explore. They include Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter, and Instagram. These platforms are different. Each of them requires a unique approach when it comes to marketing. Read on and learn how to use Facebook and YouTube effectively in your marketing.
Using Facebook Marketing
Facebook is a friendly and casual environment where people go to have fun. For this reason, use a light tone when addressing your audience. Also, develop a Facebook Business Fan Page to showcase your brand while offering your followers some entertainment.
Be active and consistent with your posting and vary your post types. The types of content that work best on Facebook are status posts (text posts), photos, videos, live videos, link posts, Facebook stories, and pinned posts. Also, leverage on Facebook ads to boost your organic presence.
Using YouTube Marketing
People love to watch videos. However, they look out for videos offering them valuable content paired with entertainment. So, when creating your videos, keep the content interesting.
It is best to create a YouTube channel where you upload your videos frequently. Use strong titles and keyword-rich descriptions of your videos. This is an excellent way of prompting people to view your videos and subscribe to your channel.
Search Engine Marketing
With millions of businesses fighting for space in the online world, it can never be a waste of money to invest in search engine optimization. In SEO marketing, you improve your online presence and website traffic by boosting your search engine ranking.
The higher you rank on different search engine pages, the more clicks you receive from web users. This means increased traffic to your website, which allows you to convert prospects into customers. So, how can you boost your online ranking and visibility?
- Create an SEO-optimized website – This means developing a user-friendly web design. Ensure the site is easy to navigate, loads quickly, and is aesthetically appealing.
- Create valuable and consistent content – Providing your site visitors with fresh and unique content gives them a reason to stay longer on the site and to visit again.
- Use the right keywords – Keywords are the backbone of SEO. These are the words that your target audiences are likely to use when searching for information online. Research for the best keywords in your industry and incorporate them appropriately on your website.
Direct Mail Marketing
This type of marketing is where marketing materials are delivered to a prospect’s mailbox via the post office. These materials include sales letters, newsletters, postcards, catalogs, flyers, and brochures. Digital marketing has taken over the world of marketing these days. However, direct mail marketing is still predominant among many businesses for several reasons. They include:
Direct mail is personal and tangible – Your target customers get to handle the mails physically and read them. Unlike in other types of marketing, direct mails are more likely to be opened and read by recipients.
Direct mail is memorable – Flyers and brochures can easily fit into the pocket or the wallet. Or, they can be hanged on the fridge door or reading desk. This enables your prospects to remember you easily. It also allows them to retrieve the information they might need from these marketing materials.
There is less competition with direct mail – Most businesses have abandoned traditional marketing for digital marketing. Due to this sudden shift, it is easier to get noticed when operating direct mail campaigns. This is especially true for local businesses, including plumbers, real estate agents, pool service technicians, and even restaurants.
Direct mail can be paired well with digital marketing – Direct mail allows you to inform your audiences about your online marketing platforms. You can include your official website, social media links, and QR codes on the materials.
About 85% of adult internet users are on email. This is why every business, including startups, need to build strong email marketing campaigns. Email marketing involves sending emails to customers and prospects. They contain newsletters, product updates, or valuable content related to your products or services.
The first step and possibly the hardest in email marketing is to build an email list. Here are various vital tips to help you achieve this:
- Create high-quality content and regularly upload it to your blog. This will enable you to obtain repeat readers whom you can request for emails in exchange for great content.
- Offering your customers some giveaways such as discounts, free shipping, exclusive promotions, and bonus gives them an incentive and reason to subscribe to your email list.
- Ensure that all your blog posts and landing pages have a personalized call-to-action (CTA). For instance, you can provide a link where the reader clicks to access some content once they’ve provided their email.
- Pop-up surveys can also help you build an email list. Ideally, these surveys should be related to the content the visitor has read on the page. In the survey, you request visitors who have read and liked the content to provide their emails so you can send them more of it in the future.
After reading through these marketing methods, you should be able to choose the right one(s) for your business. Consider your target audience – are they social media users? Do they mostly use email? Or, would they prefer direct email? But remember that all these methods are valuable, and they would provide great synergy when used together.