Social media marketing is the next big thing in the marketing industry. Instagram is one of the social media platforms we can use to serve this purpose.
Instagram is a mobile social network that allows users to edit and share photos as well as videos. According to the 2018 statistics, the number of Instagram users had reached 1 billion monthly active users up from 800 million in September 2017. The app continues to gain popularity worldwide day in day out.in the United States in 2015 there were approximately more than 77.6 million active Instagram users and the figure is projected to surpass 111 million in 2019.
Many companies have grabbed this opportunity and gone a notch higher in terms of improving their marketing techniques, and Instagram serves as their preferred platform to reach out to a larger audience.
This article will look at essential Instagram hacks for boosting social media marketing.
1. Connect your Instagram account with your facebook fan page
To convert your account into the business profile, you need to connect it with your Facebook fan page. In the Instagram app, tap the gear icon. Then click “Switch to Business Profile” and connect to Facebook. Once you’re done with the technical stuff, add your contact information. You can put your phone number, physical address or email. Putting a link to your website or landing page at your profile works great too. Raising a special landing page only for your activities on Instagram is a great way to see the real value of the results of your campaigns. You can track all the statistics about visitors, time spent on site, bounce rate and many many more with Google Analytics.
2. Develop an Instagram strategy while boosting followers
Before you start enjoying the full benefits of having an Instagram account you ought to have a good number of followers. You should be able to have a clear strategy on how you will attract and gain visitors to help you grow your account. This includes boosting followers from a reputable vendor such as krootez.com, getting creative with your hashtags or even watching relevant and trending hashtags.
Given that Instagram is a social network your marketing campaign should be aimed towards the same. Forge relationships with other users by liking other people’s posts and leaving comments. Engage with other users because this will help grow your own followers’ number.
Below are few tips on how we can connect with new followers
· First of all, you should connect your Instagram account with Facebook account. , social platform, so they can instantly follow you on Instagram as well.in doing so you will be able to cross posts photos and stories on both platforms. Secondly, you will see who among your Facebook friends are using Instagram. They will also receive a notification that you’ve joined the social platform, so they can instantly follow you on Instagram as well.
· Next, you should search for influencers and companies within your niche. Follow them and engage with their followers. If someone has already shown interest in a similar product, they will probably also be interested in yours;
· You should also participate in social campaigns. If doing so you gain new followers and also position your company as socially responsible.
· Finally, you should follow industry-related hashtags. You can follow profiles and specific hashtags related to your company. Find hashtags relevant to your industry and try to engage with a community that is already interested in a given topic.
3. Create consistent Instagram content
Instagram is a visual platform hence what you post must be appealing to the eyes of your intended audience or target market. You should pay the utmost attention to the content you post. Your posts should be in line with the overall brand’s title. Your photos and videos should go hand in hand. Their profile should have a clear strategy and photos ought to be curated.
Few tips of coming up with appealing photos include:
- Posting photos with human faces since people want something they can relate to.
- You should post photos of people using your products that will, in turn, motivate others to want to try out your products.
- People prefer light-colored photos too dark colored ones.
- Photos outperform videos as well.
4. Post on a regular basis
There is no specific number of times you should post. You ought to moderate the number of times you post. You should find the best time to post your content but be keen not to spam your followers with your content. On the other hand, posting once in a while will not give you the traction you need to get a loyal follower base.
5. Get descriptive with your captions
It is said that a picture is worth a thousand words but you cannot omit the words completely. Research has shown that companies that use descriptive captions alongside their photos gain more followers than those who just post plain pictures.
6. Remove unwanted tagged photos of you from your profile.
Remove the tagged photos from your site which compromise what your brand stands for. You only want to feature the best user-generated content about you or your brand on Instagram.
7. Get local
See what’s going on in a specific area by going to the search page and choosing the places tab. Then type the name of the place to see all the geotagged posts for that location.
8. Cross promote your dedicated hashtag
On top of just creating a hashtag for your company, you should take the game offline and have it printed on your receipts, in print ads, on signage in your store and relevant events. If on tv or radio direct people to use it.
Instagram offers the best platform to boost social media marketing but the approach we take will bring the difference. We should ensure we make good use of the mentioned hacks to maximize the advantages Instagram has to offer.