Hong Kong has continued to maintain an edge as an investors’ paradise because of its impressive business environment. Particularly, Hong Kong’s business-oriented policies are crafted to help companies in the jurisdiction become successful. To take advantage of this high-potential jurisdiction, you heed to take the first step – registering a business in Hong Kong. In this post, we will look at the best way to register a company fast without flying to Hong Kong.
The Process of Registering a Business in Hong Kong
Company registration in Hong Kong is guided by the Companies Ordinance, which details the documents that you need and the timelines. Here are the main steps for registering a company in Hong Kong:
- Apply for a Business Name
To avoid conflict of interest when operating a company in Hong Kong, the process of registration has to start with the application for a business name. To do this, you need to determine the nature of your company; “Do you want it to be a company limited by shares or a company limited by guarantee?” Then, submit your preferred names to the Hong Kong’s Cyber Search Centre so that the title of your business is unique.
- Prepare the Documents for Company Registration
Armed with the name of your company, the next main step is preparing the required documents. So, here are the main types of documents that you need to prepare:
- An official copy of the company’s Articles of Association.
- The company’s registered address.
- A description of the business activities.
- The company’s name.
- Details of the directors, shareholders, and company secretary. Note that the company secretary must be a Hong Kong resident.
- The share capital registered upon registration of the business.
- Official copies of passports and overseas proof of residential address for non-resident directors and shareholders.
- If you have resident directors and shareholders, provide copies of their identity cards and proof of residential address.
- Submit the Documents to the Companies Registry
Once you have prepared all the documents required for company registration in Hong Kong, the last step is submitting them to the company’s registry. Here, they will be reviewed for approval before the certificate of incorporation is issued. If there are some details that are unclear, you might be required to provide additional documents before approval is granted.
Registering a Company without Flying to Hong Kong
If you take a closer look at the above process of business registration in Hong Kong, you will realize that it can be lengthy. Particularly, the documents required for registration are many if you do it on your own and it might involve flying to Hong Kong several times. However, you can simplify the process so much by using an agency to register a company.
Agencies are expert firms that specialize in helping investors incorporate their companies in Hong Kong. As professionals, they will not only do the name search for you but will also prepare the documents that you need for registration. Indeed, the agency can also serve as your company secretary and address in Hong Kong to help cut down the cost of business registration.
If you have decided to register a business in Hong Kong, consider it an important step in growing the enterprise into a multinational. To simplify the process, make sure to work with an expert agency for help with both the registration and early establishment.