Human resources departments have a multifaceted type of process flow, but their contributions to the company’s actionsare, undisputable, highly valuable ones. These departments have an active role in recruiting, evaluating, training, disciplinary actions, employee retention, payroll and many others. Recently, the technological advancements allowed these professionals to outline better strategies and increase their effectiveness. While still complex, the jobs of these professionals became more approachable and the employees themselves, more time-effective. Below are some of the most approachable strategies to implement, as an HR expert, and some smart tools to use.
Anticipative staff planning
Anticipating each department’s staff needs and planning those is a better and more efficient approach than rather waiting for vacancies to appear. To carry this in a more effective and sustainable fashion, HR departments should classify all new positions, even temporary ones, before the recruitment process. Replacement of the positions that exist in an enterprise should also be taken into account. There may appear some instances where the position title and description, but also the necessary skill sets and attributes, chance substantially. Case in which, a position replacement will be necessary. The vast amount of resources available on the Internet can and will make the whole process a significantly easier one, if applied correctly.
Time and payroll management are strongly depending on each other. As overtime hours have a higher payroll rate, these have to be skilfully tracked and kept under control. Fortunately, some recent developments in the IT industry allow HR managers and employees, but also enterprise managers and employees of all departments to access, modify and approve online time sheets. The principle is a simple, yet incredibly effective one. These tools have an incredible potential even for those agencies that are working on projects, which makes time tracking and payroll tracking even more difficult. Dedicated software products bring a fair contribution when it comes to breaking down each project into different tasks, attribute each task a certain budget, and more. Some feature you should search for in these products are, as described below.
- Conversion features that allow the simple conversion of hours worked in working days;
- Entries in hours or days;
- Multiple approval steps;
- Automated splits of weekly timesheets into separate monthly timesheets;
- Email notifications when new timesheets are submitted for approval;
- Full audit history of timesheets.
These features contribute to a better management of each employee, time spent in the workplace, but also payroll, which makes the duties carried by human resource departments significantly more approachable. But, the experts at this online timesheets software from Timesheet Portal, claim that all enterprises should look into software products that allow a better management of other tasks, such as time-off booking, vacation planning and approval. They should look into those products that allow an easy calculation of annual allowances, approval of the time-off each employee takes and so on.
Comprehensive recruitment processes
During the recruitment process, HR departments should be guided by the following principles.
- Identification of the most suitable skill set that will meet the demands of the job;
- Attract the best qualified candidates;
- Promote the enterprise as a dynamic and diverse workspace and attract only the candidates that meet these coordinates;
After a set of goals is established, the HR department should start developing the selection criteria. Thee will stand as a baseline, depending on which your candidates will be selected. You will have to measure and analyse the way in which each candidate meets the job description and skill sets necessary for it.
What are the core-goals of a modern approach on HR?
- Achieving simplicity in HR administration – currently, working with the pen and paper in HR is out-dated, and all enterprises should look into those solutions that allow them to become more efficient and more productive.
- Maintaining agility when faced with human labour dynamic compliance – legislative changes but also the dynamic the labour force has lately, demand for a new, better, more appealing approach to salaries, time-off and advantages.
- Engaging and empowering employees via technology – this may be one of your main goals, as the employee today is searching for more independence and more empowerment. Luckily, some of the technologies described above will allow your company to make each employee feel like they are part of something, something bigger. The employee nowadays is thinking on a much bigger scale than the employee in the past and is searching for empowerment.
These are some of the ways in which HR departments can manage better and more effectively the tasks and duties that enter in their attributions. There are certainly some strategies that contribute to making those more approachable and more facile, and some incredible tools. The technological developments that are expected to appear in the future will definitely make those even easier.