Web scraping is the next important subject. It is a process of extracting data from websites. A web data extractor software can access the World Wide Web directly using HTP, or it can use a web browser. The process can be done manually by a user. Though the term explicitly means implementation of a bot or web crawler. It is a type of copying process in which individual packets of data is gathered and copied from the internet to a central database. This database can also be a spreadsheet which is kept for retrieval or analysis afterward.
Web scraping is primarily used for contact scraping and also as a major component of multiple applications. Some such examples are web mining, web indexing, and data mining. It further works on product review based scrapping, price monitoring and gathering some real estate listings.
Top 3 Web Scraping Tools
Right now, Web scraper is becoming rather promising in the field of data science. This is an auto technique, used for retrieving customized data from database or web. The primary issue over here is that too many pages in a short time through single IP address can be traced easily by a website. To limit chances of blocked services, you can try avoiding scraping website through single IP address. For that, using proxy servers is a must. Get to learn about major 3 scraping tools first.
- oi: It is an easily usable desktop-based data scraper. It has an effective and succinct user interface and with simple navigation power. This tool requires less coding skills. It comprises of some powerful features like Cloud-based service, to help take better care of scheduled task and levelling up mining ability to rotate IP address.
- Screen Scraper: This tool is pretty neat and can handle some difficult tasks with ease. It can work on navigation, precise localization, and data extractions. But for that, this tool needs basic tokenization or programming skills for its best performance.
- Octoparse: Another free and powerful data scraper tool, Octoparse can scrape most websites with ease. It has cloud-based data extraction, which will offer a rich form of rotating IP address proxy servers for the field of web scraping. So, you have limited chances of getting blocked and can save some time for manual configuration. It provides précised instruction and clear help to follow scraping steps.
Benefits of Backconnect proxies for Web scraping campaigns
- Getting different and quick results: it is well known that search engines such as Google usually use automatic software to extract results. When it finds massive search inquiries originating from a particular IP address, the next step is blocking or blacklisting that IP address which prevents them from accessing to any data. Even if you are human, and trying to get access to the same IP, you might not be able to surf, or it may take you a long time. With an entire batch of Backconnect proxies, you will not only use automated software to extract data from your search engine but also you will get the data extremely fast, and all of them are unique.
- Keep your privacy: Backconnect proxies keep your IP address cycling among each other, even if you are using automated software, which in turns ensure extraction of a particular data with less time possible. Backconnect proxies make sure that all the sensitive data and personal details are kept secure, and not susceptible to any hacking attempts.
- SEO tools: Backconnect IP rotation proxies function excellently with some SEO tools such as SER, GSA, Xrumer, Senuke among others. Backconnect proxies, unlike other proxy providers, offers countless threads for just a little-fixed amount.
Use Rotational Proxies For Web Scraping
Using proxies and combining rotating IP addresses with user agents can help scrapers past some of the anti-scraping measures. It will further prevent being detected as a scraper. This concept of rotational IP address is simple. You will make it look like not a single bot or person access website but multiple real users accessing the same website but from different locations. If you can perform it right, your chances of getting blocked remain minimal.
Ways to send a request through Proxy in Python 3 using requests:
While using Python Requests, you can send a request through proxy by just configuring proxies argument. Remember that the proxy may not work when you test it. During that stage, you pick another one. After that, you have to make a request to HTTPBins’s IP endnote and test if this request easily passed through the proxy. You will come to see that the request went right through the proxy.
While using proxies and rotating IP address, you should avoid using proxy IP address, which might be in sequence. In case you are using some free proxies, you should automate. Moreover, you should use Elite proxies when you can.