There is a lot of competition in the market. It means you are required to take measured steps to engage users. If at any point you fail to do so, you will easily lose your users to your competitors.
This is the reason why businesses try their level best to engage users. They go for several strategies and even hire marketing agencies to do the job.
When it comes to strategies, there are many. You can use emails, social media ads, Push notifications, etc. Here Push notifications are used as a prime marketing strategy as they can work both for apps and websites. For mobile native apps React native push notifications are considered best as they are available for both Android and iOS.
But when it comes to websites or mobile websites options in push notifications are enormous. You can send web push notifications to re-engage users.
To help you more with re-engaging users, let us go through super easy ways to re-engage users back to your site.
- Push notifications: Push notifications are one of the best ways to re-engage users. Their ability to carry rich media like images, graphics, videos, gifs, emojis, etc enhance user experience. They can also be segmented and personalized to provide interesting suggestions to users. This helps to create an urgency in the mind of users. As a result they visit your site for purchase.
One of the important factors of push notifications is they can be timed. It means you need not to worry. Automated push notifications will reach your users on a timely basis.
You got something new for your users or are going for a sale. Push notifications will notify your users regarding this. They immediately reach your users on a single click thus create a fear of missing out (FOMO). This will not only help to re-engage your users but also bring new users to your platform.
Moreover, you can use web push notifications to reach your users. There are many supported browsers for the same,
- Chrome for web and Android
- Firefox for web and mobile
- Samsung internet browser
- UC browser
- Safari for web
- Opera for web
- Microsoft Edge for web
- Google Display ads: Google display ads will show up in placements on participating publishers’ sites. They will be circulated all over the internet. This will help you to remain in front of your audience even when you are not intentionally looking for them. It’s just a technique to remind the audience that “you need anything, we are here for you”.
You can also use product images in your ads. This will create an eye-catchy effect and motivate the audience to go and check out that particular product. In many cases, this strategy works and in other cases a similar product is purchased by the user. For better results, you can use segmentation by going through previous purchase history.
In this way you will be able to offer your users, the products and services they are more likely to purchase. This will ensure a higher success rate.
- Request feedbacks: Your customers are not showing their presence on your platform anymore. Obviously there must be some issues. There are various reasons behind this like,
- Maybe they are not satisfied with your service.
- Maybe they are tired of your usual products and services and are looking for something new.
- Maybe they are offered discounts on the same products and services on other platforms.
- Maybe they are facing issues with your site and so on.
The best way to solve this issue is to go for feedback. There are many options available for the same. You can directly contact them through various means or go for various social media platforms. According to sproutsocial.com, 47% of users use social media for complaints. They voice their opinions on various social media platforms and expect quick responses for the same.
You can use this opportunity to your advantage by responding to posts, tweets, and comments. If you are able to resolve issues, chances are high that they will be re-engaged.
- Offer discounts and giveaways: In this era of costly products and services, if you are giving discounts or giveaways you are doing good for your business. Actually this technique is one of the best techniques to bring back old as well as new users.
What you need to do is to give discounts on your products and services to the extent, you can afford easily. You can run a quiz competition, the winner of which, will be provided with a giveaway. The giveaway can be a free product or service for a particular time period or you can offer some holiday packages and so on. This will provide the audience with a free opportunity. It will motivate them to visit your site and take participate in the competition.
If you are running a small scale business and can,t afford heavy giveaways, go with light giveaways. You can also go for a point or coupon system in which a visitor will earn coins or vouchers on making a purchase from your platform.
Conclusion: Re-engaging users to your platform is not an easy task to perform. It requires a unique strategy and effort. It demands acknowledgment of your drawbacks and then timely actions on the same. If you think you can easily force users to come back to your site. This strategy will not work. Maybe you are able to re-engage some users but they will leave soon. The best strategy is to let them come back at their own pace. Now how to do this is presented to you here.