Conference rooms are undoubtedly the backbone of modern offices. They provide a place for employees to collaborate, branch out, entertain prospects and new clients. Besides being a meeting room, conference rooms can also double up as a video conferencing room, where you engage with your remote teams. With such importance, it is important that you transform your conference room through the following tips.
1. Choose the Right Layout
Modern professional conference rooms have significant differences from those of yesterday. Therefore, choosing the right layout with a little finesse is the first way to improve your conference room experience. Doing this is important if you want to impress clients, visitors, and potential investors. Some slight modifications can transform your mediocre meeting space into a spectacular room.
While there is no ideal conference room design, some common layouts include;
- U-shaped layout – as the name suggests, you can achieve this layout by placing tables to form a u-shape. It is best for presentations, discussions, brainstorming sessions, and meetings with more than one speaker.
- Traditional layout – probably a common layout; chairs are placed around a long table. Several tables and chairs can be used by large teams in a large conference room. This conference room design suits interactive discussions, lectures, and meetings.
To achieve modern conference room designs, consider the following when choosing the layout;
- Power ports and outlets
- Lighting in the room
- Speaker, mic, and camera positions
- Install the right equipment
- The number of people
Modern-day businesses rely on real-time communication and collaboration through virtual meetings. Therefore, if your business conducts regular presentations, training for employees, webinars, and remote collaboration, your boardrooms won’t be beneficial without the right technology. Conference room technology should include integrated video, messaging, voice, and content sharing abilities.
Besides fostering internal collaboration, conference room technologies are important for marketing and sales departments. Some common options include Google Hangout, Zoom, and Polycom. Note that some technologies suit specific niches while other solutions have a broad usage. Therefore, spend sufficient time searching for the right conference room technology that suits your business needs.
2. Identify the Must-Haves and Nice-to-Haves
You should also identify the must-have and nice-to-have items in your modern conference room. The key is to prioritize before investing in additions. As mentioned, you can install several conference room technologies to transform your meeting rooms, but you might not necessarily need them all.
That said, below are conference room must have and nice to have equipment;
- Must have – web or video cameras, microphones, speakers, and video display equipment, which could be a television screen, projector with whiteboard, or computer screen
- Nice to have – interactive whiteboard, smartboard, 360-degree camera, meeting room schedule display, wireless presentation equipment, and booking software
- Ensure Conference Room Technology is Easy to Use
- As mentioned, conference room technology makes it possible to conduct virtual meetings and achieve real-time collaboration. However, such may not be possible if the setup appears intimidating for employees to use. The entire process of preparing the room for a meeting, right from booking, ensuring the speakers are functional to connecting screen share and other displays, can be challenging.
Therefore, you should adopt various ways of simplifying the conference room experience for your employees. For instance, integrate room management software to simplify the booking process. Large offices with several departments should have displays at the door showing the meeting room schedule. Doing this minimizes interruptions while encouraging users to stick to assigned schedules.
You should also make it easy for participants to connect conference room technology with their equipment. For this, avail several audio or video connecting cables and USB adapters in the room. That said, don’t forget to train your employees on using conference room technology. Even though the installations may be easy to use, train your employees on how to make the best from these tools.
3. Make the Room Comfortable
Beyond the good looks and great technology, ensure that your conference room is comfortable for maximum productivity. Holding meetings in an uncomfortable room leads to distractions and derails the participants thinking and creativity. Therefore, eliminate any annoying fans, wobbly tables, and flickering bulbs. Also, ensure that there is no overcrowding in the room.
While making your conference room comfortable, ensure that it makes a statement. These comfort adjustments should be an extension of your brand image. Unknown to many, conference rooms are part of integrated marketing strategies, which involve creating a seamless and unified experience for prospects interacting with your brand.
Therefore, consider consulting with the marketing team before incorporating brand elements, such as logos, brand colors, and other additions in your meeting room design. All the additions should align with your company culture.
Your conference room shouldn’t be a place where employees and team members dread entering. Make several adjustments and installations that make it possible for employees to hold productive meetings. Doing this eliminates possible causes of time wastage during meetings, including lateness by attendees, unstable internet connection, poor sound, and more.