Mobile App Development is a tough row to hoe. If you are a novice to this app world or even if have some experience, there are multiple factors to consider. With some best practices considered, you can become an expert mobile app developer with loads of success.
The success of mobile app development is dependent on multiple factors including the alignment with coding standards and the stringent testing of the same. If it’s not something you would like to get involved into, you can create eCommerce apps Using a Mobile App Builder to avoid the hassle of building mobile apps from scratch.
This can save a lot of time and help you develop apps with no coding expertise at all. One should consider several factors though in order to ensure that these apps are developed efficiently without any bugs, obstacles, or errors whatsoever.
Here are the eCommerce mobile applications best practices for enterprise and individual purposes.
- Do Your Research: If you lag behind in conducting proper research, then chances are your app would not be not that successful. It is highly important to know how your app will be beneficial to the end users. Secondly, analyze your target audience and their behavior. Lastly, focus on the functionality and the prominent features. And most importantly, never forget to study what your competitors provide.
- Focus on the Functionality: If you want your app to be the best, focus on the functionality. This can help you focus on the planning of business functionalities of the app. Later, work on the core essentials like the database and interface to get a basic app running.
- Mobile OS: The mobile app development majorly depends on the Operating system it would target. The mobile app market involves the two major platforms – Android and iOS. Developers need to focus on the targeting platform, its policies, and other aspects for app development before creating the application. Also, decide which devices will the app target.
- Users demand Performance: As a developer, you focus on the functionality and the design while the end-user will demand high-performance and quality. Your app needs rigorous performance testing to meet the business requirements and user demands. The network, server, app, speed, geolocation – all these factors can affect the performance of the app. Design apps that do not affect the speed of the app. This gives the end-users a seamless experience.
- Network Functionality: As per the functionality of the app, you can set some parameters for the smooth functioning of the app. You can store the data locally and allow the app to function for a while when no network connection or slow network.
- Seamless User Experience: The application’s success ultimately depends on the user experience. End-user experience and feedback are what helps to make your app better. How users conclude the gaming app performance depends on how much time the app takes to load, animations, effects, and other common issues. In terms of e-commerce apps, how seamlessly the navigation works, data security, checkout processes, and transactions can be major concerns for the app’s success.
- Updates for Improvement: Depending on the app and user analytics and feedback from the end-users, a mobile app may require impediments after the release. The release staging environment is crucial in terms of bug fixes and other improvements.
- Prioritize Security: Never miss the security aspects of the app. You need to always think of the app as a whole picture. This can be a primary concern in the final stage of the product as the app consists of the real data. The information can be the company details, end-user sensitive data, payment information, and others. So, prioritize the app security from the early stage of development for creating a highly secured app. Developers can inculcate two-factor authentication for data protection and security. Also, they can wipe the sensitive data on loss of device and focus on the timely data backup.
- Design & Develop: Designers and Developers play an altogether different role in mobile app development. While the designers tend to focus on making the app creative and look appealing, the developers work on the technical aspects. However, there is always a dependency on either way. Once, the designer creates the mockup or the design components, and the developer can work on the coding part. Thus, they need to be on the same page to get things smoothly running. In game design, this helps to ease the development process and reduce the later design changes.
- Gathering Analytics for Actionable Insights: Analytics tool can provide crucial information regarding the good and bad parts about the app and what to improve. There are many analytics tools like Google Analytics, Mobile App Tracking, KISSmetrics, Localytics, Clicky and many more.
- Focus on the User Experience: Always develop apps keeping in mind the end-user experience. Again, focus on the final picture as this will help you in developing high-performance apps. Invest your time rightly in the funds, development effort and time in the early phases of app development. Primarily, focus on the factors like:
This can help you boost the app consistency and success in the competitive market.
12.Rigorous Testing: Rigorous testing makes the app robust. Writing test scenarios in the early development stages can help the developer do better unit testing. Development and Testing should go hand-in-hand. This helps to identify complex problems before the app release. One of the best ways is to test your app with the beta testers. Play Store lets Beta Testers test the app online. This helps you identify errors, crashes, and bug reports. Also, feedback and comments from testers can help you analyze and fix some major issues. This helps in optimizing app performance.
Thus, developing a mobile app is not a cakewalk in any way. You might encounter some hurdles. However, some guidelines can help you serve your end-users in a better way.
Hope, this guide makes your life as a developer much better and easier. Make sure you follow the mobile applications best practices for developing a successful app.