One of the most practical ways to earn money nowadays is through online ventures, like blogging. If you have a passion for writing or you have an online business, blogging can help you generate a good source of income by following effective strategies. According to statistics, bloggers who make more than $50,000 a year tend to put great emphasis on search engine optimization or SEO, and the top traffic source is Google organic search.
Learn more SEO and other creative ways to make money through blogging by continuing to read below.
Step 1: Choose the Best Blogging Platform For You
Choosing one of the best blogging platforms will help you start a successful blog that generates a good stream of income. It all boils down to amazing design and functionality. You want to ensure that you choose one that is scalable, should you need to enhance your web hosting to integrate your blog to a business website eventually.
Here are some tips and tricks when choosing a blogging platform for beginners:
- Choose one wherein you have full control over every aspect of your blog website.
- Consider the extra features, such as an online store, forums, and paid membership.
- Know the free and paid plugins offered that are most applicable to your blog site.
- Find a blogging platform that’s easy to set up and does not require high technical skills.
- Consider customization options using templates and apps.
- Check the performance, backups, and security features, like SSL certification.
Step 2: Know Your Target Audience
Listen to your readers before creating a digital product. Once you know the needs of your target audience, it will be easier for you to create content and products you can promote not only on your blog site, but also on your social media pages, like Facebook and Instagram.
By doing so, your website will benefit from a broader customer base, effective digital marketing, and improved customer experience. Showing genuine concern instead of being too advertorial on your content will drive organic traffic, which will result in long-term benefits for you.
Step 3: Choose or Create Best Products to Promote
Bloggers earn money through affiliate marketing or by promoting products to a target audience, wherein you’ll get rewarded or earn commission every time a customer buys a product coming from your blog site. Affiliate marketing involves a combination of content marketing, SEO, and social media marketing.
But what are the products you can promote on your site? Aside from advertising other people’s products, you can sell digital products as a passive source of income. Just make sure that your digital products are useful and relevant to your readers.
Here are some examples of digital products you can sell on your blog site:
- Images, music, or music people can use to create content with
- Online courses or workshops
- Apps, themes, or plugins
Step 4: Sell Your Products Through Google AdSense
The most popular monetization method that high-income bloggers use is Google AdSense.
You can use Google AdSense to earn money online by putting ads on your blog site and YouTube channel.
Step 5: Use Your Blog Site as a Content Marketing Tool
If you already have an existing business, you can create a blog to drive visitors and quality leads to your business website and convert loyal customers. You can sell manufactured products, books, hand-made products, and so much more.
Here are some tips for creating a successful blog by strengthening your content marketing efforts:
- Know what your target audience needs and looks for in a product. What are the common consumer questions associated with the product? Start creating content to answer or resolve these questions or concerns.
- Use customer-centric marketing tools to better understand your target audiences, such as Google Trends, Google Audience Retention Tool, Google Analytics, and Facebook Audience Insights.
- Incorporate SEO strategies to your content marketing efforts to increase your search engine ranking or online visibility, visitors or traffic, and quality leads. Your blog site needs keywords, substance, and articles to draw in consumer attention, who will eventually avail products and services you promote to generate a good source of income for you.
As a blogger, you want to have a successful blog to make money consistently. That’s why you have to focus on choosing the best blogging platform to ensure a powerful site launch and an appealing and functional blog site. Also, you need to know the needs of your target audience, products to sell, and marketing strategies to implement. Fresh, informative, and engaging content will drive more organic traffic to your site, which makes good money.